When operational efficiency and simplification come together, you can focus on what really matters: your clients!
At the heart of the digital transformation and evolution strategy of today’s businesses, cloud migration involves moving an application hosted on physical servers to a location in the cloud environment after having optimized it for this purpose, reducing your investment in resources and at the same time modernizing your processes.
Who Are Logient’s Cloud Migration Services For?
Your company and your employees have little or no experience with cloud technologies and infrastructures? Would you like to be counselled, trained, guided and supported by professionals during your IT evolution?
Do you want to opt for cloud solution services because your applications are resource intensive or would you like to reduce the number of system administrators in your team and thus benefit from cloud services managed by experts?
Whatever the reason, Logient and its experienced resources will guide you through each step of your transformation journey!
What Are the Benefits of Migrating to the Cloud?
- Management entrusted to a specialized supplier and access to serverless services (PaaS, FaaS, SaaS, etc.)
- Automated replication to different geographic sites to ensure data redundancy
- Increased security and resilience
- Reduction of physical and material risks
- Ability to focus on the application, its configuration and behaviour while relying on the CloudProvider experience for the rest
- A system administrator has become obsolete for the computer park management, the material resources (ex.: hard disk, RAM, etc.), the servers, the needs of the TelCo (internet access of the infrastructure) and the alternative energy source, as it is the case for high availability environments
- Increase in the efficiency of your processes
- Control costs by paying only for what you actually use
- Flexibility and increased availability in real time
- Capacity for load increases and scaling
- Instant access to recent deployments and updates of products and versions
- Multi-region distribution capacity at a lower cost
- Modernization of operations and preparation for future technological generations
Steps of a Cloud
The migration strategy will vary from case to case depending on the client’s needs and budget. In some cases, when applications are hosted in an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) instance, migration can be relatively straightforward. In other cases, migrating to the cloud offers the opportunity to redesign the application to take full advantage of the capabilities and benefits of the cloud, should you desire, and the costs are worth it.
Code Audit and Report
Before undertaking a migration, we recommend that you perform a detailed audit that includes a review of the architecture and application code, as well as an analysis of the infrastructure, databases, statistics of use, IP addresses, etc.
When you entrust us with migrating your solutions and applications to the cloud, we first audit the code and its current hosting infrastructure to ensure that they are truly cloud ready. We identify the real reasons for the desired migration and then the precise needs of your organization as well as the cloud services that will meet the various solution requirements. If necessary, some refactoring may be required as a result of the scan to make it cloud compliant.
Our team, in developing a strategic migration plan, documents its findings and submits a report containing its recommendations. It varies from updating internal documentation to adjusting the framework or code to prepare for migration.
The next step is the implementation, that is to say the milestones required to overcome any potential deviation in the process, for example a developer who would have to redirect the called libraries which will no longer be in the same place once the move to cloud migration is completed.
Every project also includes a quality assurance phase where we validate the work done, the availability, the efficiency and the security of the migration before the end of the latter.